Each class will prepare you for the next and begin to get you familiar with:
- CrossFit methodology and nutrition principles
- Gym equipment associated with CrossFit
- Weightlifting – olympic lifts (clean and jerk, snatch), kettle bells, dumbbells, barbell, medicine balls
- Gymnastics – bodyweight movements like box jumps, pull-ups, squats, push-ups, handstands etc
- Mono-structural movements – rowing, jumping rope, running technique
- Short but challenging workouts using the movements learned in that class
The goal of our Intro Classes is not to make you throw up or embarrass you. It is to slowly expose you to the high intensity often used in CrossFit, as well as coach you through learning new movements, or correct familiar movements to proper form.
Upon completion of our Intro Classes, you will feel comfortable in our gym setting and ready to join our group classes. Some of the movements you will pick up easily, and others you will struggle with. This is normal. Very rarely does someone come to CrossFit Uffda fully prepared for everything we do. Understand that everyone at the gym has a weakness, and we are here to work on them until they become strengths.
You do not need to be in shape or get in shape to do CrossFit. Come as you are! The only requirements for coming to our gym is that you show up on time.